Dear Tandem Health Patients and the Sumter Community,
Tandem Health offers the Moderna Vaccine for individuals age 18 and older.
Tandem Health offers the Pfizer Vaccine for children 6 months old and up.
Here are the steps to request a vaccine:
1. Moderna Vaccine Scheduling: Tandem Health is scheduling COVID-19 vaccines by appointment to patients and community members Monday through Friday. Please call 803.774.4500 and follow the prompts. For Adult Medicine press 2 and then press 2 for the scheduling department. We have the primary series and booster vaccines available.
2. Pfizer Vaccine Scheduling: Tandem Health is scheduling COVID-19 vaccines by appointment to patients ages 6 months old and up. If you would like to schedule an appointment for your child, please call 803.774.7337 and press option #2.
Boosters for children 16 and 17 years old only are available six months after the second vaccination.
At Tandem Health, we are committed to delivering the very best care for our patients and to advancing the health and well-being of our community. We remain optimistic in our fight against COVID-19 and are pleased that more people are able to receive these safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines.
Thank you for your continued trust in us.
Tandem Health is now offering COVID-19 Testing by appointment for Tandem Health patients. To make an appointment, please call 803.774.4500 and follow the prompts. For Adult Medicine press 2 and then press 2 for the scheduling department.
For Pediatrics, call 803.774.7337 and press 2 for the scheduling department.
COVID-19 Precautions & Screenings
Tandem Health remains committed to the health and well-being of our Sumter community. Tandem Health is able to offer our patients a remote virtual visit if you are unable to come to the center. When you arrive at any of our centers, everyone entering the building will go through a screening checkpoint including a temperature check.
In consideration of the CDC’s most recent statement regarding infection prevention and control recommendations for healthcare personnel, in conjunction with Sumter County’s COVID-19 community level currently LOW, Tandem Health has updated our infection control processes at all sites, to optional masking of patients, visitors, and staff. Masks are available for all patients, visitors, and staff to use.
As a reminder, even when optional masking is in place, masks are still required when: a patient, visitor, or staff member has any COVID-19 or other acute illness symptoms (such as fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, sneezing, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea), or a sick visit is in place.
We encourage everyone to:
- To get the COVID-19 vaccine
- Wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds with antibacterial soap and water
- Use alcohol base (>/= 60%) hand sanitizer when washing hands is unavailable
- Wear a mask if you are having any COVID-19 or acute illness symptoms
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth, or the exterior of your mask
- Cough or sneeze in a tissue and discard or in the fold of your arm
- Clean and disinfect frequently