Dear Tandem Health Patients and the Sumter Community,
Tandem Health offers the Moderna Vaccine for individuals age 18 and older.
Tandem Health offers the Pfizer Vaccine for children 5 years old and up.
Here are the steps to request a vaccine:
1. Moderna Vaccine Scheduling: Tandem Health is scheduling COVID-19 vaccines by appointment to patients and community members Monday through Friday. Please call 803.774.4500 and follow the prompts. For Adult Medicine press 2 and then press 2 for the scheduling department. Boosters are available six months after your second vaccination.
2. Pfizer Vaccine Scheduling: Tandem Health is scheduling COVID-19 vaccines by appointment to patients ages 5 and up. If you would like to schedule an appointment for your child, please call 803.774.7337 and press option #2.
The vaccine clinic will be administering vaccines for children ages 5 and up on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons from 3:00 – 4:30 pm.
Boosters for children 16 and 17 years old only are available six months after the second vaccination.
3. Educating the Public on Vaccine Efficacy: For more information about the COVID-19 vaccines and how we know they are highly effective and safe, click here.
At Tandem Health, we are committed to delivering the very best care for our patients and to advancing the health and well-being of our community. We remain optimistic in our fight against COVID-19 and are pleased that more people are able to receive these safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines.
Thank you for your continued trust in us.
David Justice, MD
Chief Medical Officer
Tandem Health is now offering COVID-19 Testing by appointment for Tandem Health patients. To make an appointment, please call 803.774.4500 and follow the prompts. For Adult Medicine press 2 and then press 2 for the scheduling department.
For Pediatrics, call 803.774.7337 and press 2 for the scheduling department.
COVID-19 Precautions & Screenings
We encourage everyone to:
- To get the COVID-19 vaccine
- Wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds
- Use alcohol base (>/= 60%) hand sanitizer when washing hands is unavailable
- Wear a mask in public areas
- Practice social distancing (6 feet when possible)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth, or the exterior of your mask
- Cough or sneeze in a tissue and discard or in the fold of your arm
- Clean and disinfect frequently